Get Dotty with Ciaté

by - April 30, 2018

 
I tend to keep my manicures very neutral and natural, so a subtle pop of colour is always welcomed. So, I'm constantly on the lookout for extra nail polishes to spice up my everyday look, and I think I've found the perfect one. Today we are talking about the Ciate London Paint Pot in Comic Strip.

The name totally sums up what this polish is all about. The multicoloured (pastels and bright bolds) hexagonal shapes remind me of pop art and the illustrations within comic books, taking a modern twist on the classic glitter nail. Not to mention, these colours are perfect for a themed mani! Comic Strip enhances every manicure, complimenting almost every nail polish colour, allowing it to be transitioned across all seasons from Summer to Winter. 


As this is my first ever nail polish from Ciate London, it's hard to test its wear against others, however, like all sparse glitter nail polishes it can take up to 2-3 coats for a semi-opaque finish (depending on what you want). Yet, I am glad to say that each coat glides on effortlessly due to the wide and flat brush that is iconic to Ciate London nail polishes (this should be expected from the higher price point you are paying). This does allow for enough glitter to be picked up by the brush, giving unique results from each swipe.

What I love most about this polish is the different finishes and looks you can create with the same matte glitter. My personal favourite way is to apply it as an accent to my ring finger, which definitely packs a punch. After testing it multiple times, the polish lasts around a week on average, with a generous coating of top coat - not bad for a glitter!

Have you tried Ciate London nail polishes?

You May Also Like

26 comments

  1. This nail polish looks so pretty, I would love to see what it looked like on the nails x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It just as pretty on the nails as it is in the bottle!

      Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  2. This polish is super cute, I've heard such good things about the brand too!- https://sophiehearts.net x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As this is my first nail polish, I am so happy with the results! I guess it does show that by paying a little extra, it sometimes does pay off!

      Thanks for commenting xx

      Delete
  3. I love this! I want to try it on my toes! Melissa @perspectivechangeseverything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! On the toes it would be the perfect Summer pedicure!

      Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  4. Such a pretty nail polish, I love Ciate xx

    Gemma • Gemma Etc . ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm definitely going to buy some more Ciaté nail polishes, loving them!

      Delete
  5. I love the feedback on the photography, thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I’ve not tried any Ciate nail polishes before but always heard that they are so good! May need to give it a go sometime soon! Ayse x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try them out, worth the money! A good place to look is TKMaxx - they are always on offer!

      Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  7. Love your photography! Such a pretty nail varnish, defo out of my comfort zone but so nice for a change once in a while

    Jessica & James | www.foodandbaker.co.uk / www.foodandbakertravels.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I usually stick to neutral colours, but I love to wear this as an accent or pop of colour! I always get complimented when I wear it too!

      Thanks for the comment x

      Delete
  8. This sounds so interesting, bet it looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This looks like a cute nail varnish. I haven't used Ciaté before but I've read good reviews. Will definitely give it a go.

    Eve x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so surprised at the amount of people who haven't tried Ciaté nail polishes! They are amazing!

      Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  10. That’s so pretty! I haven’t tried Ciate nail polishes before but I’d really love to. I’ve heard so many lovely things about them :-)

    lots of love, Jasmin
    // littlethingswithjassy.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. The nail polish looks so cute! Love your photos too xx

    Andrea | Trxpical Andrea

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad people are liking the change in photo style!

      Thanks for the comment x

      Delete
  12. I've seen these in Superdrug and i think they're so cute that i need to try them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The mini size of them are amazing too! Less money and with a glitter like this, will most likely last you a long time!

      Thanks for commenting x

      Delete
  13. I would love to use nail polish more often but as a gardener it's a waste of tome, it gets chipped immediately! This looks so pretty though, percet for a party 😊

    Lisa | www.lisasnotebook.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe try the top coat by seche vite! It gives amazing high shine and makes my manicure last way longer than they used to!

      Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  14. This polish looked super pretty 😍Being a Mum my nails are sadly neglected and polish is a long forgotten entity !

    Melanie | www.frasersfunhouse.com

    ReplyDelete