La Roche-Posay Serozinc

by - November 08, 2015

La Roche Posay Serozinc Review 008
La Roche Posay Serozinc Review 004

Even though I may have not been on the blogging scene for quite some time, I have still been on the look out for hyped up products to review.  Earlier this year the infamous 'life-changing' spray hit our shelves in boots.... We had all heard its claims on renewing dull, oily skin so finally I could now put it to the test.

Before we get started on the actual review, I'm going to tell you a little bit about my skincare history. Some of you may already know this, if you have read any of my previous skincare posts, that over the past few years I have suffered from quite severe acne, mild hyper pigmentation (redness to the skin which also causes breakouts) and very oily skin. It started off with the occasional breakout, which I was able to clear with a simple gel, but it gradually changed to more redness and angry spots. I have been at the end of my wits with how many products I have tried from creams, tablets and gels- none of these have helped in the long term. Therefore, I was willing to give anything a go, especially a two-in-one product that would target both my oily skin and breakouts.

As I am targeting large areas I personally use this product daily, both morning and evening. There are two main ways of applying this toner - by spraying it directly onto the face (or desired area) which is what I tend to do or you can use a cotton pad to dab it on. However this way I think is less effective and might not have the full outcome that you have aimed for. Once the skin is dry I go in with an oil-free moisturizer, followed by any other treatments. The can sprays a very fine mist that doesn't leave a wet sheet nor the feeling of it being sticky therefore it is great for a mid-day freshen up on those very humid days. The ingredients are simply made up of water, sodium chloride and zinc sulfate and it works like a toner to mattify the skin by tightening pores. It is also said to be soothing and to help purify the skin by cleansing it of any nasty bacteria! 

After the first night, I was a bit apprehensive on what the results would be, however, I could see a noticeable difference of my skin. It had magically reduced the size of my spots and calmed down the redness. It has been a week since buying this product and I can proudly say that 20% of my spots have disappeared, but still my red pigmentation is lingering. I have also been trying to cut out dairy products from my diet, which I can proudly say is definitely working (comment if you want a post on this..)

Overall, this product has helped my skin calm down but in the long run I don't see any major noticeable improvements. I do have to admit, that this spray is perfect for cooling down the face throughout a hot day - perfect for summer and holidays. I will still carry on using this product and will definitely give you any skin updates in the near future! 

P.S. One reason why I have not been updating my blog as frequently is because I am having some issues with photos and the quality. So it is quite a hit and miss... Apologies in advance. Oh and also I would love it you filled out this survey if you have a sister/daughter who is aged between 4-8! click here to go to the survey

You May Also Like

5 comments

  1. Sounds like a fab spray, might have a look when I'm next in boots as my skin has been breaking out a lot recently! Love the images and your blog design xx

    http://dellalovesnutella.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Della! This spray is definitely worth the price, but didn't seem to help my overall skin :(

      Delete
  2. I am a sucker for La Roche Posay skin care products, their Effaclar Duo is amazing at calming down spots- you must try it!
    Dalal
    monochromedaisies.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a fabulous spray, might have to see if it is vegan so I can give it a go!
    Love, Amie ❤
    The Curvaceous Vegan | Instagram | Twitter | Facebook

    ReplyDelete